Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Think...

Sometimes,
I think we were joysticks to each other in a 2 player game.
Opposable thumbs ran over X's and O's,
so ready to give our love to something that wasn't reality.

We came used,
under the guise of winter holidays,
with no manual to help us navigate.

And every gesture,
became pixelated.
Every action? Was controlled.
So it got to the point that,
even though I knew it wasn't real I went through with every action.
We were ill equipped to conquer next levels.
So we ran like demos,
knowing nothing was beyond and yet always wanting more.

But I could tell you off-hand,
the secret to life was never hidden in Konami codes.

You left me unplugged,
scratched and worn,
my larynx barely clutching onto frayed chords.
So the discs in my spine can never smoothly
play back the love in my heart.

This is far from finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment