Monday, September 7, 2009

Fear

Last day of work was today. Came home, wrote to this.
This is just bits and pieces... it'll end up as a verse.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/65125233987bb407/

when I wrote it,
our souls huddle close between
equinox and solstice,

Fire in my heart,
So in my lungs is where the smoke lives,

Death is crawling closer,
But time is like the traffic,

Crowds want retribution for some promises I never made,
They interpretation of these words is solely their mistake..
I swear Jersey cries a little everytime I'm near the state,
Clouds open cuz I'm coming home, but never there to stay,

Everyone's committed to indulge exaggerations,
The truth just seems so hopeless,
The trust in words has faded,
So the ink I spill can't settle,
just runs right off the pages,
And I doubt it'll reach your ears even when I say it..
Still, my integrity is what I have to covet,
Some try and step out, I'm tryna come in,
It's best I'm light-hearted when I tell it to the public,
my glow illuminates on any doubts,
to kill the shadows of it..
I check my baggage as it arrives,
Cuz to stall is to plummet.

But some days I'm not fly, just jet lagged

thats the only black on black you seeing from me,

since eleventh grade
my heart dropped some centigrades,

eighty hour work weeks,
still feel like I'm never paid.





I haven't really sat down and written anything substantial in a while.. But I guess this is a start..

No comments:

Post a Comment